Looking for a chilling new Halloween activity this year? Haunted hayrides provide seasonal thrills as you ride through fields and forests filled with spooky scenes and terrifying creatures. Read on for a guide to the best-haunted hayrides in New Jersey for 2023.
Bane Haunted Hayride
- Location: Livingston, NJ
- Dates: Select nights Sept 23 – Oct 31, 2023
- Highlights: 20-minute tractor-pulled ride through haunted woods and corn mazes. Deranged characters, monsters, and paranormal activity along the route.
Bane’s haunted hayride is one of the most terrifying in New Jersey. As you rumble through the woods, deranged mutants, monsters, and ghosts attack from all sides. With no escape from the tractor-pulled wagon, you’re at the mercy of the haunting horrors surrounding you. Expect chilling surprises around every turn.
Field of Screams Haunted Hayride
- Location: Mount Holly, NJ
- Dates: Select nights Sept 23 – Nov 5, 2023
- Highlights: 25-minute ride through 50 acres of haunted farm and woods. Massive detailed sets and dozens of actors.
Consistently ranked among the best in the nation, the haunted hayride at Field of Screams traverses 50 acres of intricate spooky scenes and blood-curdling surprises. The ride is packed with elaborate sets and hordes of actors that make this a must-do NJ haunt.
Brighton Asylum Hayride of Horror
- Location: Passaic, NJ
- Dates: Select nights Sept 15 – Nov 4, 2023
- Highlights: Terrifying ride through the historic grounds of the infamous Brighton Asylum. Ghostly encounters and chilling sights.
Take a haunted tractor-pulled ride around the creepy abandoned Brighton Asylum property. As you pass decrepit old buildings, ghosts of former asylum patients will leap onto the wagon to torment you. This hayride perfectly complements the asylum.
Creamy Acres Haunted Hayride
- Location: Mullica Hill, NJ
- Dates: Select nights Sept 15 – Oct 31, 2023
- Highlights: Family-friendly day and nighttime rides with fun spooky scenes and kid-appropriate characters.
If you have little ones, this daytime haunted hayride at Creamy Acres farm is a perfect pick. The 20-minute ride takes you passed entertaining Halloween vignettes featuring skeletons, witches, and monsters. It’s just scary enough to thrill kids but not traumatize them.
Happy Day Farm Haunted Hayride
- Location: Manalapan, NJ
- Dates: Select nights Sept 24 – Oct 30, 2023
- Highlights: Hayride through family-friendly Halloween scenes.Great option for kids.
The Happy Day Farm hayride offers seasonal fun through their pumpkin patch and farm. Kids will love seeing playful Halloween scenes with ghosts and goblins that provide more laughs than scares. Adults can enjoy the ride too.
Ort Farms Haunted Hayride
- Location: Long Valley, NJ
- Dates: Select nights Sept 17 – Oct 30, 2023
- Highlights: Spooky journey passing graveyards, swamps and deranged characters emerging from the woods.
Ort Farms’ haunted hayride takes you on a creepy ride across fields and through wooded backroads. Scare actors blend into the shadows, providing frights for daring riders. It’s scary yet still suitable for older kids and families.
Are you ready to travel into the terrifying unknown on a haunted hayride in New Jersey this Halloween? These scream-inducing rides offer thrills for horror fans of all ages. Be sure to hold on tight!