The Red Mill Museum Village in Clinton, NJ, seeks individuals for part time positions as weekend assistant in our welcome center.
- You will serve as a welcoming greeter to our visitors. In many cases, you will be the first face people see at the Red Mill, and it is critical that they are greeted with hospitality.
- You will keep accurate records of the daily gate attendance and handle financial transactions related to admission for the Red Mill, numerous special events and memberships.
- You will provide customer service and complete transactions for shoppers in our museum gift shop. You will keep an accurate count of the drawer at both the opening and closing of the shift and will be responsible for tidying the shop as needed and restocking items as directed on occasion.
- You will provide assistance as needed to our staff and volunteers during the special events that are held at our location. Teamwork is what makes these events a success.
- Must be able to communicate museum information and answer visitor questions effectively.
- Friendly and polite manner required – you are the face of the museum to the public
- A love of history and desire to share it with museum visitors is most important – this is an opportunity to be a part of the legacy of a Hunterdon County historic gem.
- Reports to Visitor Engagement Manager who will assign calendar dates and communicate schedule.